MPM Products and its affiliates (collectively, “Company,” we,” “us,” or “our“) committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
In support of our commitment, we developed this privacy notice to be transparent about the data we collect about you and how it is used and shared, as well as the choices and rights available to you with respect to the data we maintain about you. This privacy notice applies to:
- Information about you shared with us by third parties for our own use, as well as publicly-available information collected by us.
MPM Products will be responsible for the data we collect, maintain, or otherwise process about you.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Collection and Use of Personal Data
Personal Data Collected
We collect information that can be used to identify or contact a person (we refer to this as “personal data“). Personal data includes information that does not directly identify you by name or include your contact information, but which may be used to identify that a specific computer or device has accessed our website and online services and which if combined with certain other information could be used to identify you. The types of personal data we collect and process include:
- Full name
- contact information including work or home address, mobile or home telephone number, work or personal email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Education and experience information (CV information; professional experience; employment history; education; certifications; personal interests)
- Cookie data
We collect personal data when you provide it to us directly (e.g., when you submit a contact form through our website or provide us with your business card at a trade show); when generated by your activity on our website (e.g., the amount of time spent on a particular page of our website); when shared with us by our business partners (e.g., email marketing vendors, trade show sponsors, or HR staffing agencies); and when available through publicly-available sources (e.g., information shared by you on LinkedIn).
Use of Personal Data
We collect, use, store, organize, structure, disclose, or otherwise process personal data as described below:
- We process personal data for the purposes for which such personal data was provided. For example, if you share your name and contact information with us when submitting an inquiry or requesting information through our website, we will use this information to respond to you and provide you with the information requested.
- To send you news and information about products and services that may be of interest to you and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests.
- To send important notices, such as changes to our terms and conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with MPM Products, you generally may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website and online services, products, databases and other technology assets.
- For internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and customer communications. This includes processing for purposes of statistical analysis, including Google Analytics.
- For marketing activities, including third-party cookie tracking.
- If you enter a sweepstake, contest or similar promotion, we use the information you provide to administer such programs.
- To arrange interviews, consider you for employment, and personnel administration (to the extent you apply for a job through our website and online services).
- Where we have legal obligations to process the personal data and for legal proceedings and government investigations (such as pursuant to warrants, subpoenas, and court legal orders).
- To manage data subject requests.
- For internal investigations of possible misconduct or failure to comply with our policies and procedures.
The applicable legal bases for our processing of your personal data include the following:
- Based on your consent: In some cases, at the point at which you provide personal data, we may ask you for your consent to collect and process your personal data. If you provide us with your consent, you may later withdraw your consent (or opt-out) by contacting us. If you withdraw your consent it will not affect any processing of your personal data that has already occurred. Where we process your personal data based on consent, we will provide more detailed information to you at the time when we obtain your consent.
- Compliance with applicable laws or performance of a contract: In specific circumstances, we may need to process your personal data to comply with a relevant law/regulation or to fulfill our obligations under a contract with you. Where we process your personal data to meet our legal obligations, you will likely not be permitted to object to this processing activity, but you will usually have the right to access or review this information unless it would impede our legal obligations. Where we are processing your personal data to fulfill our obligations under a contract with you, you might not be able to object to this processing, or if you do choose to opt-out or object to our processing, it may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation that you are owed.
- Our legitimate interest: We may process your personal data based on our legitimate interests in communicating with you and managing our interactions with you regarding our products and services, scientific research, and educational opportunities. In addition to other rights you may have as described below, you have the right to object to such processing. You can register your objection by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Data
Non-Personal Data Collected
When you use our website, we also collect certain non-personal data that does not, on its own, identify any individual. The types of non-personal data we collect and process include:
Use of Non-Personal Data
We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal data for any purpose. However, if we combine non-personal data with personal data, the combined information will be treated as personal data for as long as it remains combined. We use non-personal data for a number of legitimate business purposes, some of which are described below:
- We collect cookie data so that we can better understand website user behaviour and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We collect information regarding user activities on our website. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and website users, and to understand which parts of our website and online services are of most interest. Aggregated data is considered non‑personal data for the purposes of this privacy notice.
- We use non-personal data to understand and analyse trends, to administer the website, to learn about user behaviour on the website and online services, to improve our products and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We may also collect similar data from emails sent to you to help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Company website and online services. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website and online services. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
You have various rights with respect to the collection, use, transfer and processing of your personal data, as described below. However, we reserve the right to limit these rights at any time where permitted under applicable law, including where your identity cannot be reasonably verified or to the extent your rights adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.To exercise any of the rights below, please contact the Company affiliate responsible for the processing of your personal data using the applicable contact information below.
You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is being processed by Company. Where we are processing your personal data, you have the right to access the data and to obtain certain information about the processing of such data.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to obtain rectification of any personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
Right to Erasure
You have the right to have your personal data erased where one of the following applies:
- Your personal data is no longer necessary with regards to the purposes for which it was collected.
- You withdraw your consent (where the processing is based on such consent).
- You object to the processing where such processing is based on Company’s (or a third party’s) legitimate interest and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing.
- Your personal data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation under applicable law.
However, this right to erasure will not apply to the extent the processing is necessary for:
- Compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing; or
- Archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
Right to Restriction of Processing
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data where one of the following applies:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested.
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal data and request the restriction of its use instead.
- Company no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but it is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Where the processing is based on Company’s (or a third party’s) legitimate interest and you have objected to processing (as described immediately below).
Right to Object
You have the right to object (on grounds relating to your situation) at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes or where the processing is based on Company’s (or a third party’s) legitimate interest. When objecting to processing based on our legitimate interest, Company will no longer process your personal data unless Company demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before such withdrawal.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to Company, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and have the right to transmit such data to another entity without hindrance from Company, where each of the following conditions are met:
- Your request does not adversely affect the rights of others;
- Your request does not adversely affect Company’s rights (including intellectual property rights);
- The processing is based on your consent or the performance of a contract to which you are a party; and
- The processing is carried out by automated means.
Right Not to Be Subject to Solely Automated Decisions
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you, unless permitted under applicable law.
Right to Submit a Complaint to Supervisory Authorities
You have the right to lodge a complaint with an applicable data protection authority. If you reside in Europe, you have the right to lodge such a compliant in the European country of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of an alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes applicable EU data protection laws. A list of all European supervisory authorities and their respective contact information is available here.
How We Protect Personal Data
We provide reasonable technical, physical, and organizational safeguards to protect your personal data, including safeguards designed to protect personal data from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed which may lead to physical, material or non-material damage. To the extent appropriate or required by applicable law, these security measures include:
- Access to personal data is limited to authorized employees and service providers who need access to perform the activities described in this privacy notice on our behalf.
- Personal data is pseudonymized where appropriate or required by law, and sensitive personal data transferred to or stored on any mobile device is encrypted using industry-accepted encryption solutions.
- Company personnel engaged in the processing of personal data are informed of the confidential nature of personal data, receive appropriate training on their responsibilities, and are obligated pursuant to Company policy to maintain the confidentiality of personal data.
- The effectiveness of Company security measures is regularly tested, assessed, and evaluated to ensure the ongoing security of processing systems.
- Internet-connected databases containing personal data are monitored for unauthorized intrusions using network-based and/or host-based intrusion detection mechanisms.
- Service providers and other third parties engaged by us to process personal data on our behalf are contractually obligated to process personal data only on our documented instructions and must provide similar security measures as those used by Company or as required under applicable law.
Although we strive to provide reasonable and appropriate security for the personal data we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. In particular, email or forms sent using our website and online services may not be secure. You should take special care before deciding to send us information via email. Further, if you create an account through our website, it is your responsibility to protect your access credentials from unauthorized access or use.
Retention and Deletion of Personal Data
MPM Products implements and maintains reasonable restrictions on the retention of personal data and generally disposes of such personal data once it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or further processed. However, we may continue to store archived copies of your personal data for legitimate business purposes and as necessary to comply with applicable law. In addition, we may continue to store anonymous, aggregated or anonymized information for any legitimate business use described in this privacy notice.
Links to Third-Party Websites
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, our use of your personal data, or your rights with respect to such use, you may contact the applicable Company affiliate using the contact information below:
66 Clarence Street
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
MPM Products reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we change it, we will post the updated notice on our website and online services, and it will be effective as of the date posted. Your continued use of our website and online services following the posting of changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes.
How Cookies are Used
Cookies used on our website and online services (including the information obtained through such use) fall into four categories:
|Essential||Our website utilizes first- and third-party cookies and similar technologies that are necessary to operate our business and maintain our website, including verifying and authenticating website users; preventing fraud and securing our website and online services and databases; payment processing; enabling users to move around our website and online services and use their features; and complying with applicable laws and industry standards. These cookies and similar technologies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or tracking your browsing activity. This category of cookies generally cannot be disabled.
|Performance||Our website may utilize first- and third-party cookies and similar technologies to provide enhanced features and remember user preferences, including identifying return users when visiting our website (e.g., to remember your login credentials); keeping track of user preferences, interests, and past items viewed or utilized (e.g., preferred language or past purchases); and providing social features that allow users to interact with social media services through our website and online services (e.g., Facebook or Twitter, as further described below).
|Analytics||Our website may utilize first- and third-party cookies and similar technologies for analytics, product development, and market research purposes, including analyzing how users arrive at and engage with our website and online services; tracking and measuring the performance and effectiveness of our website and online services; optimizing the location of ads, website features, and other content on our website and online services; statistical reporting in connection with website activity; analyzing user preferences and behaviors and market characteristics and trends in order to develop and improve our products and services, websites, and ads; segmenting audiences to test features of our website and online services; and conducting research about our consumers, products, and online services.
|Advertising||Our website may utilize first- and third-party cookies and similar technologies to deliver, track, and measure ads both on and off our website and online services, including ads relevant to your interests (e.g., ads based on your past interaction with our website or based on predictions about your interests derived from your browsing activities on different websites over time); and ads based on your location, demographics, or device characteristics. Cookies are also used for tracking and measuring the reach and frequency of ads and regulating the delivery of such ads (e.g., capping the number of times you see a particular ad).|
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We’ll take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
66 Clarence Street